The categories and the sub-categories (dependant on the categories) are indexation elements that can be associated to videos published in order to facilitate their indexation or, if you have an add-on, to propose to your audiences an original browsing among your publications.
They are independently managed from your publication in a dedicated library. This function enables you to create an original tree view in addition to your channels one.
The list of the existing categories and sub categories and the management tools are accessible from My channels --> Categories management.
Create a category
- Name : it is the name of the category
- Target : you can affect a category to publications or to channels
- Perimeter : in order to propose the use of the category to the whole project or to one or several channels
- Set category assignment required : to force the association of a category to the defined perimeter. In this case, publishing a video or creating a channel would not be possible without an association.
Then Save to create the new category.
Create a sub-category
- Name : it is the name of the sub-category
- Rank : this is the rank your sub-category will be displayed among the other sub-categories.
Then, Save to create the sub-categories.
Modify and delete a category or sub-category
Use the buttons on the left of the name of the category / sub-category:
- pen icon : to edit it
- no entry sign : to delete it
Associate a category to a sub category
To associate a category to a publication, go to Publications then, click on the pen icon next to the one you want to edit. In the editing page, you will see the category drop-down menu. You can select one or several. Click on Save to confirm the association.